Tuesday 10 October 2017

To Insure Promptitude!!!!!... A Custom

This particular picture from one of the restaurants I recently visited got me thinking on the custom of “tipping”. TIP, the abbreviation of To Insure Promptitude is a definition in itself.
I remember when I was a kid, when we’d go for meals outside, papa would be quite generous in tipping the waiters who would, in all eagerness I must say be quicker in providing us the meals next time we dropped by๐Ÿ˜‰ . Over a period of many years till date, owing to the rise of popular food-chains such as McDonalds and KFC and probably my diminishing interest in the local restaurants, tipping took a back seat ๐Ÿ™„. In fact, I presumed that the custom had died, not until I saw this ๐Ÿ˜ฎ. To top it all, I have felt, in society, some unsaid things continue to hold grace. But the mere mention of it on paper or in words lessens the glory.... or so I felt when ‘TIP’ was mentioned on the receipt on my recent visit to a restaurant. As friends we decided against tipping due to the day old chicken biryani and late delivery on their part.....
I could be the one from the stone age in this regard... but does tipping still exist in the metro cities of India???๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”
What are your views on this?
#Tipping #myviews #havingfunwithfriends #lovebiryani


No comments:

Post a Comment