Thursday 18 May 2017

Food



Well, I realise it has been sometime since I blogged... I owe it to my terribly busy schedule. Now on vacation, I find myself looking back at the past 4 months that didn’t whizz by. I think I would rather agree to the term, snailing away, every moment making me realise how tough it was to get through. The details of the toughest of the past 4 months I shall leave it for another blog. 
This blog, well, I dedicate to my friend who can make the best of dishes in a hostel setting with the limited resources, and yet an absolutely smacking delight... I think it is more due to the love of food she holds, she can whip up the whole thing in less time. I honestly acknowledge that I do not, at any cost hold talent in cooking. I need help and I cannot do it alone. I also need good company, one that is encouraging and one that can overlook my mistakes and smile back and say “it was lovely!” I think I would survive that. But this, my readers, is an absolutely different person. No mistakes, an awesome cook!!!!


Good food when you get back to the room after a tough day in lab from one so lovingly made, gives you peace and consolation, the peace to let go of your troubles for the day and pick them up again tomorrow. That’s what good food does to you.  That’s what being around awesome friends like this does to you.

Reminds me of  the movie "Ratatoullie"... if you have seen it you can relate to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment